Careers with Steel Pencil
Below are the latest vacancies with Steel Pencil. Click on the links below for more information.
Group Production Manager
- Are you a strong decisive leader who champions continuous improvement?
- Do you have excellent interpersonal skills that promote a positive team culture?
- Are you able to juggle multiple tasks and constantly keep one step ahead?
Steel Pencil are looking for a Group Production Manager (GPM) who will be a senior executive of the Steel Pencil Holdings team and report to the Managing Director (MD) attending board meetings as requested by the Chairman.
The Primary Objective of the GPM is to:
Lead and manage the operational business of Steel Pencil to maximize the company output and documentation accuracy. This must be done with due regard to board decisions on the direction and culture of the company.
Steel Pencil’s Head Office is located in Palmerston North, New Zealand. The company also has a sales office in Brisbane, Australia and our main production office in Manila, The Philippines. The GPM will work initially from the Manila office but will need the flexibility to travel to the other offices when needed. After a suitable period the applicant could be based in any of the offices.
The GPM’s Specific Accountabilities will include:
- General Management – Provide strong leadership to and management of all production staff to ensure continuous improvement of output.
- Financial & Commercial - Maintain an ongoing awareness of the financial position of all projects and proactively communicate this to the MD and Board.
- People – Maintain and enhance a positive culture for all company production staff.
- Operations – Maintain and improve the quality of document production of Steel Pencil.
- Quality – Ensure a culture of continuous improvement of product is grown and maintained.
To achieve the above the GPM will require:
- Skill in leading all manner of people in a way which encourages them to grow their skills and improve their contribution to the company’s success.
- Able to talk with all personnel within the company, including people to whom English is a second language.
- Skilled at accessing and understanding project financial information from various software used by Steel Pencil.
The Group Production Manager will ideally be:
- Decisive ? have high level decision-making and judgement skills.
- Experienced ? have proven experience in leading, managing and communicating with all levels of staff so that they respond effectively to targets and challenges.
- Approachable ? have excellent inter-personal skills.
- Operational ? have sound operational and management skills.
- Organised ? have excellent personal organisational skills and the ability to prioritise and manage time.
- Service Focused ? have an understanding of and commitment to quality management and high standards of service delivery.
- Systematic ? ability to manage control structures to ensure performance objectives are achieved and that required information is available on time.
- Lateral thinking ? have the ability to “think around corners”, to find different ways of doing things which will improve productivity and accuracy.
- A sense of humour.
- Enthusiasm and passion about the company.
- Empathy for the needs of others.
- Openness, directness and accessibility to staff.
- Hands-on style with respect to detail.
- A very positive and optimistic “can do" approach.
If you are excited by the above and feel that you can enhance our team’s outputs and be a positive force to motivate our team then please send your CV with a covering letter explaining what you think is the most important quality of a successful people manager to firstname.lastname@example.org
Steel Pencil is available to clients around the world. We have offices in Palmerston North New Zealand, in Manila, Philippines and Brisbane, Australia. Click here for contact details
Let us assist you in creating a valued BIM model of your project from our Construction Modelling process.