Careers with Steel Pencil
Below are the latest vacancies with Steel Pencil. Click on the links below for more information.
Experienced Project Manager Required
- Do you have a proven track record of effective project management in the construction industry?
- Have you got exceptional attention to detail and excellent communication skills?
- Palmerston North based role
Steel Pencil is looking for an experienced Project Manager who has a passion for delivering high quality work with integrity and pride.
Steel Pencil is an award winning Australasian company with its head office in Palmerston North New Zealand. The company boasts production capacity in its offices in Palmerston North, Brisbane, Australia and Manila, Philippines.
Steel Pencil is dedicated to documenting engineering solutions for the construction industry. This includes BIM, design, feasibility studies, steel detailing, lifting studies and other detailing services including concrete and piping.
What we are looking for:
- Project Management Certification, graduate qualification in engineering, architecture or design; or equivalent industry training/experience, preferably with an understanding of steel construction
- On the job experience demonstrating capability in project management and construction/design consulting
- Financial acumen, understanding the importance of monitoring work in progress against budget
- Great customer relations skills with an understanding of the importance of account management and business development
- The desire for continual professional development and continuous improvement
What you will be responsible for:
- Managing client delivery expectations by having a clear project plan with open communication with all stakeholders
- Manage project risk by having an understanding of the scope, budget and quality control of each job
- Customer engagement; maintaining and developing partnerships with our clients
- Prospecting new jobs by assisting with the quoting and tendering of projects
- Ensuring that budgets are regularly reviewed and tracking as per contract
- Providing weekly project progress report of all projects to clients
- Ensure Steel Pencils brand values are evident in the team dynamic and customer engagement
The purpose of this position is to directly manage client expectations and relationships through application of effective project management processes. You will be able to assure the growth of profitable revenue as a consequence of your project management strategies.
If you can communicate powerfully and prolifically with stakeholders, are driven by results and are able to inspire and motivate others to high performance then we want to hear from you.
To apply please send your CV outlining your relevant experience and a detailed cover letter explaining what you can bring to the Steel Pencil Team. Applicants must have New Zealand residency or a valid New Zealand Work Visa.
Steel Pencil is available to clients around the world. We have offices in Palmerston North New Zealand, in Manila, Philippines and Brisbane, Australia. Click here for contact details
Let us assist you in creating a valued BIM model of your project from our Construction Modelling process.