Located in SA, the new Copper - Gold Open Pit Mine was opened in February 2009. It will employ approximately 580 staff.
Steel Pencil were commissioned to supply shop drawings for the additions to the existing New World. This primarily contained canopy area near the car-parking.
The new specialist centre as part pf the private hospital caters for a wide range of specialist areas. The hospital can now carry out 4000 - 4500 procedures a year due to the new premises.
Steel Pencil were commissioned to help with detailing. We were set the task of completing the Ground Floor and Mezzanine Levels 1 & 2 whilst the original detailers worked on the higher floor.
Steel Pencil were commissioned to provide shop drawings for the new auditorium which also featured an elliptical building to the side which will contain the chapel.
The new warehouse in the Charles Sturt Industrial Estate house houses shops such as Harvey Normal, Boral Timber, as well as Radio Rentals.
Steel Pencil were commised to provide shop drawings for the BF11 Diverter Chute which is to be used in the Inloading Section of the Coal Terminal. This forms part of the expansion project and is the 7th since the terminal opened in 1983.
As part of the upgrade to Dryer 3, Steel Pencil supplied the shop drawings for the Packing House & the Oil Room.
The new bleach plant for the Maryvale Pulp Mill consisted of the main plant area which was formed of welded beams ranging from 900 to 1200 deep. There was also an office to the end of the plant. Steel Pencil also supplied all handrails and access stairs required.
Steel Pencil were commissioned to supply the shop drawings for the Transfer Tower THCC18B that is to be used on the new stockpiles 19 - 21. This included the platforms, tail launders and a number for inter-connected chutes.